Higher Education Account Manager
What’s on your Bucket List? Are you someone who wants to travel and meet experts in their field? As a Higher Education Account Manager, you will travel the country, visit college campuses, sign authors and be a part of publishing process of college textbooks.
As a leader in customized educational publishing solutions headquartered in Dubuque, IA, Kendall Hunt Publishing has been privately owned and operated for over 65 years. With over 8,000 titles, we are an established, higher education company that offers high quality educational materials, services and solutions to the Higher Education Academic market. We see enormous business opportunity because we know most students don’t read traditional 900-page textbooks…unless they’re cramming for a test. We develop educational materials that are well designed, interactive, and in line with the educational goals of the author and, in turn, the students. Our employees are driven and passionate about excelling, learning, having fun, and making the world a better place by helping to improve the experience of both college-level students and professors. Visit our website at www.kendallhunt.com to learn more.
In A Typical Work Day You Will
- Manage sales and relationships with assigned author accounts, including up-selling to existing author accounts to maximize sales
- Travel to visit assigned authors or attend conventions to promote Kendall Hunt products
- Initiate and manage revision and reprint process for assigned authors
- Coordinate contracts and production process for revisions
- Generate leads for outside sales through bookstore contacts and author referrals
- Proactively work to gain referrals for other potential authors and adopters
- Implement successful sales strategies to increase sales and profits on assigned accounts
- Overall responsibility for annual budget and sales goals
Who You Are
- You understand the importance of a positive customer experience and what your role is in that overall experience
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and look at your career in terms of growing your business
- You are a great communicator, people person and problem solver
- You have some sales experience and are looking to take that next step in your career
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
If what we described matches your background and skills, we’d love to talk to you. This position requires a valid driver’s license. Send your resume, cover letter along with what your salary requirements.