Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, a customized textbook publisher in the K-12 and Higher Education markets, currently has a position available at our Dubuque headquarters for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Permissions Editor. This position is responsible for researching and clearing permissions for use of borrowed material and images in our publishing projects.
- Closely reviews submitted projects to determine if any material is borrowed and requires copyright clearance
- Researches copyright holders, publishers and source information using the Internet, print material and other resources as needed
- Initiates initial contact and follow-up with appropriate parties to obtain permission to use material
- Maintains and updates permissions database as responses are received from copyright owners
- Summarizes and prepares list of credit lines based on individual copyright holder requests
- Reviews and monitors project permissions budget and maintains ongoing contact with author and acquisitions editor regarding status of permission clearance and overall budget impact
- Negotiates permissions fees with copyright holders and processes permissions payments
- Works closely with internal staff to identify and resolve any permission issues
Position requires degree and related experience.Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and prioritization, proven analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as applied knowledge of web technology and Internet software are essential.2-3 years prior permissions experience preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity, send your resume and salary requirements to HRDept@kendallhunt.com
Equal Opportunity Employer