Cruise Director. Party Planner. The “Go-To”. Are you the person everyone turns to when it comes to ensuring everything happens on time and according to schedule? We are looking for a Project Coordinator with an interest in publishing to coordinate and monitor the development process of various textbooks by new authors.
As a leader in customized education publishing solutions, Kendall Hunt has been privately owned and operated for over 65 years. With over 6,000 titles, we offer high quality educational products, services and solutions to the Higher Education academic market, including digital solutions and eBooks, as well as printed material. Visit our website at www.kendallhunt.com to learn more.
In A Typical Work Day You Will
- Coordinate and monitor the developmental process of various titles, including review of project costs and specifications, as well as input and maintenance of project information in our in-house database
- Mark content for compositor, using standard code to indicate format, page layout and size/placement of illustrations and photos
- Maintain effective communications with authors and ensures all publishing guidelines are followed as the manuscript is being developed
- Serve as liaison with the project author, sales and internal and external services throughout the entire project development process
- Closely monitor project budgets and request cost quotes and purchase orders as needed
- Work closely with internal staff and external providers to identify and resolve any issues
Who You Are
- The ideal candidate pays close attention to detail, knows how to prioritize and can multi-task
- You are a great communicator, both verbally and written
- You have a strong computer background including Adobe Professional, mark-up tools, In Design or other paging programs
- It’s a plus if you have past experience in publishing
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
If what we described matches your background and skills, we’d love to talk to you. Send your resume, cover letter along with what your salary requirements.