Publishing Sales Representative
eBook technologies help Kendall Hunt stay on the cutting edge of the publishing industry. We stay on top of emerging, cutting edge disciplines and are looking for someone to generate sales on current titles. We need someone who ensures a great CX (customer experience) by listening, cultivating, attracting, training and offering solutions.
As a leader in customized education publishing solutions, Kendall Hunt has been privately owned and operated for over 65 years. With over 6,000 titles, we offer high quality educational products, services and solutions to the Higher Education academic market, including digital solutions and eBooks, as well as printed material. Visit our website at www.kendallhunt.com to learn more.
In A Typical Work Day You Will
- Manage a portfolio of existing discipline-specific customized Higher Education products with the objective of increasing sales and adoptions of those products
- Utilize and train on eBook technologies and associated resources
- Research and contact potential product users in Higher Education to determine their needs
- Build and maintain effective new customer relationships via phone and e-mail
- Refer leads to acquisitions reps for potential new customized publishing projects
- Create and manage sales forecasts
- Be responsible for annual sales goals and new business lead generation
- Travel a little to attend conventions to promote Kendall Hunt products
- Implement successful sales strategies to increase sales and profits on assigned accounts
Who You Are
- You understand the importance of a positive customer experience and what your role is in that overall experience
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and look at your career in terms of growing your business with potential bonus opportunities
- You don’t mind picking up the phone and calling on people
- You are a great communicator, people person and problem solver
- You have inside sales experience and are good at managing multiple opportunities
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
This inside sales position is based out of our Dubuque office with a base salary plus commission. If what we described matches your background and skills, we’d love to talk to you. Send your resume, cover letter along with what your salary requirements.